There are some frequently asked questions about the Sharia. The article below by the Muslim scholar, Mustafa Akyol, addresses some very important questions about the Sharia.
1 What does “Sharia” mean?
2. What are examples of the Sharia in personal piety (Ibadat) vs. in public law (Muamalat) including the penal code?
3. What percentage of Muslim majority countries enforce the public law and the penal code of the Sharia?
4. Are there parts of the public law of the sharia that can be enforced in the West without violating the law of the land? What parts?
5. What are the similarities between the Islamic Sharia and the Jewish law (Halakha)?
6. According to this Muslim author what would bring about a reformation in Islam?